Saturday, August 25, 2018

My Monthly Goal Finished!

Can you believe there is only a week left to August! It seems like I just signed up for One Monthly Goal over at Elm Street Quilts and it's time to show if you completed your goal! I'm happy to say I did! I have a few threads left to hide, but as far as I'm concerned that baby is done! I'm very happy with the way the quilt turned out and mom loves it too, and that is all that matters! She is my biggest fan after all and loves everything I do, so that might have something to do with it! The pattern is from Pat Sloan's QAL that finished up back in January of this year and it was called Grandma's Kitchen.

Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - August Finish Link-up
Little T's arms aren't quite long enough!
What I love about Pat's QALs are the patterns are always available and for FREE! We just finished up on In The Summer Time and that was a wonderful QAL. I'll probably have that on my OMG for next month ! ;) And we are finishing up on another called Let's Go Camping. I'm enjoying that one very much too! I need to finish, OK I need to start the last block then there is only 2 more blocks to do! And let us not forget the latest one she started Merry and Bright. I'm pretty excited about this one too. We are on block 4 so plenty of time to join in!

I just started a Sew A Long with Gnome Angel . If you are feeling really ambitious or just crazy like me come sew a long with us! It's the Farmer's Wife 1920's quilt we are working on! It's only a mere 111 blocks! I'll be foundation pattern piecing mine. I'm new to it and have already pulled stitches out because I sew them in the wrong position or the fabric was right side down UGH, but I figure by the time I'm well into this I should have a hang of it! I'll be posting photos of the blocks I have finished in another post!

Another Quilt A Long I'm doing is Seeing Stars with Melissa over at Happy Quilting. We are in our 2nd week and I have to admit I'm a little nervous about this weeks star, it has curves! Drunkards path to be precise. But she's a pretty good teacher, last week she gave a tutorial on the no waste flying geese. If you haven't tried it yet you really should! I did 3 stars with 8 flying geese each and I did them in less than 2 days! They went together so easy! I'll also be posting these in another post.
So that's it for my week! I'll be back to show you more blocks in a bit!!!

Enjoy the last bits of summer, it's going by way too fast!
Sheila

4 comments:

  1. wow, you are one ambitious quilter...lots on your plate, but lots of fun, too! Congrats on your finish! Blue and yellow is a classic, pretty combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilt. The colors are pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt - great fabric choices! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job finishing Grandma's Kitchen! Aren't moms the best! Mine is a really great cheerleader, too. I'll be watching for all your QAL progress.

    ReplyDelete