Thursday, August 9, 2018

Anchors Away and My First Attempt at FPP

I love trying new things. I try not to over think and scare myself out of doing something, I just leap in and do it. That being said if you decide you want to try FPP at least try someones pattern that has been proven and they can give you info on how to do it. Yep my first attempt at FPP was with my own design, crazy huh! Well it may have taken longer than it should and I may have wasted some fabric, but I did it, it's done and I 'm pretty happy with the results! Here it is...
Anchors Away!
My son starts school on the 15th and they passed out Chrome Books for the kids this year. Little T is very good about taking care of his property and gets a little nervous when it comes to taking care of things like this so he wanted me to make a cover for it. He spotted the Anchor block in Jinney
Beyer's The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns. If you've ever seen this book it's huge and it's only the pictures of the blocks with a little graph of the block, no instructions or detail how to make the block. I changed the block a little bit from the picture, but it looks like and anchor so I'm happy! And so is my son and that's what matters! Now to figure out how to make the rest of the cover!
Wish me luck and have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Sheila

1 comment:

  1. This is Superb. I want to tell you how much I appreciated your clearly written and thought-provoking article.

    Thanks!
    embroidery patches for clothes
    leather vest back patches

    ReplyDelete