Friday, August 17, 2018

I love to create...

Especially when it comes out how I envision!
When little T was younger he loved the book Where The Wild Things Are.  We read it so often I knew it by heart and it was on of my favorites to read to him. So I made him the monster from the book! It wasn't near perfect,  I wouldn't even call myself a novice at making toys,  but he loved it and carried it with him everywhere and let me say that he was a heavy little monster!!!
2007
I made him out of old jeans, crocheted the hair into of his head after sewing a grid of the same color yarn to his scalp and used one of little T's baby shirts to make him a shirt. I'm proud of it because little T loved it.  The reason I'm telling this story is because I never thought I would make something that he would care much about.  Until I finished his chrome book cover for school! He thought it was great and wanted me to make more to sell to the other kids at school. He's such an entrepreneur! He wanted an anchor. That's where the FPP anchor came in from last week! Plus he wanted the dolphin material I had and he wanted a hammerhead shark in the center of a star! Which I also had to design and then I foundation paper pieced it to make sure the points came out right. I quilted it all, the anchor was in the ditch (sort of), I echoed the star and the ocean scene with the dolphins I did a watery ripple. I also purchased a couple foundation paper piecing books to try more of those! But I have to say it has been very rewarding to make up my own pattern!



 This project was filled with a lot of firsts for me. I do enjoy a challenge though so it just added to the fun! Plus I got it done in time for the first day of school! Nothing like a deadline to motivate you to finish a project.
Here's to fun projects and new ideas!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!!
Sheila

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sheila! Your son sounds like he has quite the idea of how he wants things designed, and you are able to pull it off! Great job! (Thanks for commenting on my blog! You're a no-reply blogger so I can't send you an email directly.)

    ReplyDelete