Thursday, August 2, 2018

Life, Blocks, Challenges, Ideas and Goals

Happy August! Boy July flew by! Little T will be starting school on the 15th...10th GRADE! Oh my goodness where has the time gone. He's been ready to go back, since the last day of 9th grade! We did spend the day in the city last week. Compared to our small town, it's a city. We had to go to Half-Priced Books first. Little T just loves books and bought a bunch about history also something he loves. I found EQ5 software there for only 7.99! I've been wanting to try it and I see that I will be able to upgrade so I thought I'd give it a shot. We also went to Malibu Jacks, it's not just for little kids. They have miniature golf, go carts, laser tag, virtual reality and arcade games with video games...I'm talking retro games like Pac-Man on steroids! And since little T is into the retro games (remind me to tell you about his video game consoles and games collection!) he enjoyed playing Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and one that he's been playing on his cell phone, Crossy Roads. Which to me is like Frogger. Daddy played Space Invaders with him and Timmy beat him! Check out the score! We also played miniature golf and had a great time! Maybe next time laser tag!

 
And since we were in Lexington we had to have Steak N Shake for dinner! I wish they would put one in our small town, I love those fries!
Now to blocks! Wednesday was the 2nd block in Merry and Bright QAL!!!! It was also block #7 of Lets Go Camping! But I didn't have a chance to work on that one yet. Both are run by Pat Sloan, she's one busy woman! She also gave us a challenge of doing a whole quilt of the house block! That got me thinking (this is when my hubby cringes) I 'll have to work on my idea before I let you in on it though. Anyway, here is my 2nd block;

Hang the Wreath

Here's block 1 and 2
I'm liking the blues, but the red and greens that Pat and most of the others are doing them in look absolutely wonderful! I may break down and do this QAL in those colors too!!!
I'm finishing up on my In The Summer Time. I absolutely loved this QAL. It had me pulling out old photos of our Adventure Wednesdays and reminiscing. Looking at how young little T was in some of those pictures just made me realize how fast time flies! Here's my flimsy top I still have a scrappy border to put around it, but the challenge was to get the top posted before the 3rd! I can't wait to quilt this special quilt.


 
Speaking of quilting...that brings me to my monthly Goal! OMG! I've been trying to participate in this for months, but never could get things right. I think it's a wonderful idea to help motivate and keep you focused on what you want/need to get done. It's run by Patty Dudek of Elm Street Quilts and it's full of inspiration, tips and tricks. Now to my goal...finishing mom's quilt! It's Pat Sloan's Grandma's Kitchen QAL that ended in January. I'm finally quilting it, but keep getting side tracked! I'm on the last round of quilting (I have ten 12inch blocks plus sashing to finish) and I need to bind it before my Quilt Guild meeting on August 21st, there I put it out in the universe and hopefully that will keep me on track to finally get moms quilt completed! Here's a photo of it under the needle of my Tiara III.

Spread out as best as I could

Close up of the basket full of roses

earlier work on a block, meandering roses
I hope you have a week full of fun and creative bliss and here's to getting projects done!
This is my goal and this is me,
Sheila

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilt - love the yellow! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete