Thursday, December 31, 2020

No OMG Finish

My OMG for this month was to finish the Merry Mini quilt, including quilting it. I would love to say I worked really hard to get it done, but I had a lot on my mind. I wasn't even able to get the third block done! So many days I just sat in front of the sewing machine and more times than not I would get the pieces mixed up and just plain frustrated. If you don't follow my blog, the reason is due to the loss of my mom this month. So much on my mind, so much still to do. I did complete my Cozy Things quilt flimsy this month. Maybe I should have put that down as my OMG!😁 It's all good. 

Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - December Finish Link-up

 

Onto other subjects...

We had a white Christmas! It wasn't suppose to snow much on Christmas eve and not at all on Christmas day, but it snowed and kept on snowing. I believe it was mom knowing how much we wanted a white Christmas and letting us know she was with us. The dogs were as happy as pups. They played and chased each other and ate the snow! silly puppies!

From our family to yours, I hope you all have a much happier, healthier and calmer New Year! Until next time...

Sheila

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. Hope you are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty, I'm hanging in there. She was in the hospital since the 1st of November and had been in pain for a long time. A couple days before she past we had a good talk, over an hour and she stayed alert and awake. I think she knew. I keep thinking I'll go downstairs and tell her something, then I remember. I know she's in a better place, no pain and back with dad, she missed him so much. I'm just missing my friend.

      Delete