Sunday, December 20, 2020

Changes

 One of the dogs I rescued and actually let go of was adopted by my new friend Lynn who lives in NY. She sends me pictures of Yeti and her dog and we chat (email style) and get to know each other. I've enjoyed our correspondence, but so much more lately. A week ago today my mother passed away. It's been difficult but I know she was in pain and was ready to see dad again. We had a good talk the Friday before and even though she was very coherent and alert I could tell she knew the end was near. But being so alert it came as such a shock when they told me to get to the hospital as soon as possible on Sunday. She wasn't awake when we walked in the room and wasn't going to wake up. I watch the monitor of her breathing and then I realized she wasn't breathing anymore. She had waited for us to come so we could say goodbye. 

As I was saying, I have a new friend in NY and she has been there for me. She sends me pictures of Yeti and Sabre playing in the snow and just checking in on me. As I responded to her last email and made the comment about how I love seeing how handsome Yeti's getting I realized that's what life is, it's all about the changes and how we handle them. 

When I was fostering, Yeti was the second rescue we helped. Gracie was our first and our first fail. My husband didn't want to do anymore, but I felt there was still more I needed to help. So I talked him into Yeti. Yeti was a pup, maybe 4 months old who had demodex mange from neglect. We had him a month and he was looking better before he left. But wow the pictures I get of him now! He is so handsome, a real showstopper!!! Here are some before and after...

on his way to us, poor baby. I knew he needed me!



I knew he was going to be big...look at those legs and paws!
His hair was spars and he looked so sad when he first got here.

But he did love all the toys and enjoyed playing with Gracie.

The ball was heavy, but he isn't one to give up!


Yeti and Gracie

He's a quick learner. Especially where treats are involved! 

I feel like she's telling him the secrets of being a Great Pyrenees.

Timmy and Yeti, doesn't Yeti look so much happier than he did a month ago! July 10th we went to meet up with the ladies who would be bringing him to his new life. He would be traveling with a bus full of other dogs and cats heading to new furever homes. I believe it took him 20 or 22 hours to get to his new mom Lynn! 

Yeti now, isn't he handsome!!!
 

As I look at how Yeti has changed I think of this year. The changes we have gone through and how they have changed us. Next year will be more changes. Timmy will be graduating and heading off to college. We are thinking of moving. This house is too big for the 2 of us, even with our 2 big pups. Who knows what else is in store for us, hopefully good things. Always hope for good.

Until next time,

Sheila


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Sheila. That's always hard to go through. And on the dog front, wow, is all I can say about Yeti! He is such a beauty now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy. I was blessed to have her for my mom.
    And yes Yeti is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I found you by accident, but I think you are awesome to have help this sweetheart Yeti. He is a blessed dog and handsome! Thank you for helping the dogs that need help from the humans. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marie. I wish I was still fostering dogs, but after keeping two of the three we decided we better stop while we were ahead!!! Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete