Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Getting Things Done...

 Though I really don't know how I am getting anything done!! A lot of the time I just sit in front of my machine, lost, dazed and confused! I know I'll pull myself back together, hopefully sooner instead of later!

I did finish my quilt top for Cozy Things QAL that Pat Sloan ran. You can get to the blocks from HERE. With this link you can also check out her next QAL, Home Is... that starts January 6, 2021 and runs until June 2, 2021. 

I have the backing and the binding ready. The binding is a diagonal peppermint candy stripe. I've never used striped binding and I really like the candy cane look of it. I can't wait to see it done! The backing is red polar fleece with white swirly snowflakes for cozy cuddling! I'm just waiting on the batting and I'll stitch up a quick swirly pattern to get it done and on the couch!

Another quilt I finished on December 6, but haven't posted yet is The Ultimate Beginner Quilt that Fat Quarter Shop ran a year ago July. You can find the pattern HERE. I used Finding Nemo and Finding Dory fabric that I found on clearance at Fat Quarter Shop. The quilt will go to a local charity as soon as I can find out where to go! Usually our guild handles that, but with them not meeting and my friend who has the contacts and used to take my quilts has moved! Bummer! Here it is... I'm calling it Finding Nemo/Dory.

I really like how this came out...I'm a lover of the ocean and I also love both Finding Nemo and Finding Dory movies. What can I say, I'm a kid at heart!!!

Here are some of the blocks close up to show the quilting. I did a swirly wavy pattern to mimic water. Some parts came out watery, some I just don't know! hahaha
I used Aurifil #4663 Baby Blue Eyes, a variegated thread, in both the top and bobbin.



My goal for next year is to get my patterns written up and available for you. I have several planned already, all in different stages of progress. My son will be going off to college in the fall and I'm hoping to help him out with the sales from my patterns. I hope you'll follow my blog so you won't miss my goings on!

I linked up with Pat Sloan, Wednesday Wait Loss and Free Motion Mavericks

Until next time...Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming,

Sheila

 

8 comments:

  1. Two beautiful, fun quilts!!! I love the colors on the first one! And yes, we all love Nemo and Dory!!! Sew cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! And thank you for always stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sheila, congratulations on your Finding Nemo/Dory quilt. Someone will eventually have a great quilt :-) Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Hope to see you again. Good luck with your 2020 goal of writing up your patterns! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andree for visiting and thank you for your support! I look forward to linking up more with Free Motion Mavericks this year.

      Delete
  3. Pretty quilts! I love your Finding Nemo/Dory, cute fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frederique for visiting my blog! I enjoyed working with those fabrics because they were so cute!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the Dory quilt and the quilting--perfect for an ocean theme. The Cozy Things quilt looks perfect for charity! How sweet of you to make it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer for stopping by and for hosting the Wednesday Wait Loss! I'm hoping to be posting many more finishes!

      Delete