Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Welcome 2020

I know it's already a week into the new year, but it's been crazy busy around here. Also I hurt my knee the other day and it's been difficult getting anything done! I had it all planned to spray baste several of my quilts while we had that crazy warm weather, unfortunately I had to sprain my knee first! So no getting on the hard concrete garage floor and basting the quilts...maybe I can persuade my sweet hubby to help me. 

On to the main purpose of this post...January OMG! I'm determined to participate every month this year!
 Patty at Elm Street Quilts hosts this every month and there are wonderful prizes just for participating! 
I love playing along because it motivates me to get things finished and anything that will help finish a project is wonderful! This month I want to get Pat Sloan's QAL Winter Fun top completed. I just have to get the sashing on. I've been working on it this week and finished up the last block yesterday so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

This was the last block I finished. It's actually block #7. I thought I had it done then found out when I was ready to put the sashing on I was missing this block!


Here's a photo of the blocks and sashing...

I love the fabric! It has metallic silver and gold snowflakes and it's Batik!!!! Yum!

 
Start thinking about what you want to complete for next months OMG link up! You'll be glad you did!!!
 
I have more to chat about (2020 QALs!), but I'll save it for another day. I hope you visit again or better yet sign up and don't miss a post!
Happy New Year!
Sheila

1 comment:

  1. Nice block! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete