Sunday, January 12, 2020

New Year and New Sew Alongs!

Pat Sloan's SALs starting this month are Out West it's a monthly sew along and she posts the new blocks the 1st of the month. Her next one she's hosting is with Aurifil (I love their thread!!!) They post on the 15th of the month and feature a different designer that Pat interviews. Her regular QAL is called Childhood Games and starts the 29 of this month and runs every Wednesday until May 27. The blocks will be various sizes and will measure 60x70 approximately. I love doing a quilt with different size blocks! And finally she is doing a quick scrap buster that's running from January 1 through the 15 and it's called Traffic Jam. She has a free pattern to use up those little squares! I don't have much scraps yet so I didn't participate in this one.

But I am doing the others! And here is my first block for the Out West SAL!
I chose the Adventure Awaits bundle that was available at Fat Quarter Shop. I just love the teal and peach colors!! This block is called Movies. Some of my favorite western movies were the ones I watched with my dad... A Fist Full Of Dollars, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and pretty much any John Wayne movie!

Well that's it for today. I'll be back with some of the other Quilt A Longs I'm participating in and the fabric I picked for the Childhood Games QAL!!!
Until then, Keep Stitchin'!
Sheila



No comments:

Post a Comment