Monday, June 7, 2021

June's OMG, My Block Count So Far And Sewing Clothes

 One of the things I wanted to do better was blogging...I failed! I missed the last couple months of joining OMG. But it just means I need to try again and harder to stay on track! 

For my OMG I want to get my son's Out Of This World Quilt finished. All that is left is trimming and binding. I figure if I want to get it done in time for him to take it to college with him this fall I need to get it done and out of the way now!

Since I have it on the table I might as well get started and get it trimmed! I also noticed I still have threads that need to be hidden. I had a lot of trouble with the thread breaking so there is more than usual. The OMG is run by Elm Street Quilts and I strongly urge you to play along. It helps me complete projects and get those ducks back in a row. Until the next squirrel comes running by!!!

 
This is a page from my 2019 journal.

Did you catch what I said... My son starts College this fall! I'm not dealing with it very well. Last month was prom and graduation. Here's my sweet boy at the prom...

 

They had their prom outside so we opted for a sports jacket instead of a tuxedo. We figured he could use it later.


The size of his class was 135 and that was also held outside. I'm so proud at how well he has done. He graduated with a weighted GPA of around 5! We'll know for sure when he gets his grades.

The next months coming up will involve packing and getting him ready for his next chapter. 😭

and ours.



 

 I'm playing along with Prairie Moon Quilts and I am keeping track of my block count for the year and as of the end of May I have only made 95 blocks. 

But I did complete a 42" Square table topper/wall hanging that I was a tester for Jen of Patterns by Jen. She's taking time off and I'm not sure when she will post the pattern and the testers quilts so I won't post it here yet. I also made several blocks for Home Is... by Pat Sloan. I am behind, I need to finish 5 more blocks. So hopefully I can get that done this month too.

I've also made 6 shirts! I found Love Notions Sewing Patterns and they make clothing patterns. I haven't made clothes since I was in my 20's and it wasn't many. So I consider myself a beginner. But these patterns are easy to follow and I feel so proud of myself! One of the last shirts I made was the Rhapsody...

I love it! And so does Gracie, or maybe it's just the attention she was getting.

As for my PHD progress...Lets refer to the squirrels! I was distracted and didn't complete any of my projects, but I have moved them along! 

I think that's about it for now. I'll try to do better at getting my blog out. I have several new quilt ideas I plan on writing up and making them, maybe I should get a tester or two? So for now, Have a great day, week, month!

Sheila

4 comments:

  1. That quilt for your son is beautiful! I remember when my (now 51 years old) son went off to college. I didn't realize how depressed I was about it until he came home one weekend and found dried cat poop on his bedspread. I had been so depressed I hadn't gone into his room at all. Good grief! He has teased me about that ever since. I haven't sewn clothes since the early 1980s, and seeing your post on IG made me want to buy patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO! I will keep the cats out of his room!!! I think Duke is going to miss him too. it took so long for them to become friends, now they are best buds. Duke will go to Timmy first when we come home and when he hears him come out of his room will go running to see him.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to your son. They do grow up so fast, don't they? The quilt is so beautiful. The blouse is nice too. I used to sew a lot of clothes, but mostly quilts and dolls now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lately I have enjoyed trying new things. April I was making Tilda dolls and May and June it's been clothes...what next???? My favorite has to be quilts though.

      Delete