Saturday, February 1, 2020

February's Monthly Color Challenge

Today is the 1st of the month and that means... Patterns By Jen's Monthly Color Challenge!!! To get the pattern for this block head over to Jen's blog.
This month's colors are Light Aqua and Dark Aqua. Don't you just love these colors! I do!!! So without further ado, here's my block...
I also picked out my Aurifil thread I'll be using when I quilt it. They are 5006 Light Turquoise and 2810 Turquoise. I love Aurifil and I should be able to match all the colors, but if not what better reason to buy more!
I finally got the rest of my fabric for my blocks. Yellow isn't my favorite color so I didn't have the right colors for January's block. Now I do and I'll be making that block very soon! I'm working in Batiks because I simply LOVE batiks and the way they blend well together.
And here is links to the rest of the participating bloggers/instagramers for February.
 So check out these wonderful ladies sites and check out their block for this month! Oh and did I mention...there are prizes!!! Check out Jen's blog for all the details!
I'll be back later to show my January block! See ya soon!
Sheila

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila! Ooh-la-la. Those batik fabrics you chose for this block are just gorgeous. I can just 'feel' how nice they are through the screen. And your Aurifil thread matches both shades just perfectly. I can't wait to see all of your pretty blocks in different batiks. That will be one stunning quilt top when they're all together. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block, and the batiks are so pretty. I used to buy batiks but somehow got out of them and now am interested in them again. Looking forward to seeing your "Goldfinch" block.

    ReplyDelete