Wednesday, October 30, 2019

A Good Month

I love a busy month, especially when it means getting projects done! I finished a secret sewing project earlier this month and yesterday I finished quilting a friends quilt and the Out Of This World top by Pat Sloan...
I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I used Northcott's Stonehenge in orange and yellow. I'm not sure of the color names because I've had them for awhile. I love how it picked up the colors in the Starlight fabric collection by First Blush Studios for Henry Glass & Co. I bought that bundle a while back waiting for the perfect project for my sweet boy. He's always been fascinated with space and even talked of being the first to go to Mars....eeek! Honey lets watch the Alien movies!!!
I added the constellation fabric from Hoffman called Out Of This World and half way through I found this wonderful blue fabric from QT fabrics called Intergalactic Space Time designed by Dan Morris. I think it was the perfect addition to this quilt! And last but not least, my go to for background fabric is Silver from Kona Cotton by Robert Kaufman. And since this was my OMG for this month, I'm very happy to get it finished!!!
 Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - October Finish Link-up


I also finished Septembers and Octobers blocks from Aurifils DOM... 
 This is Septembers block by Lissa Alexander called Inside My Window. I love the widow of color! The other one I used a bright yellow for the warm and welcoming glow of home.
This is Octobers block designed by Alyce Blyth called Advent block. I love the simplicity of this block and I used the same light color as I used in the house block. A nice neutral, but still has a design through it. Check out the Designer Of the Month for some fun blocks. You can even look at previous years for more inspiration!

Since this post has gotten wordy I'll post my friends quilt in a couple days...besides, I have a whole bunch of threads to hide!

Keep your machine humming!!! and Chat soon!
Sheila

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete