Sunday, April 28, 2019

Too Long Away From The Blog!

Wow has it really been over a month! I've been sewing every day, even if it was only a few minutes a day. So I have a lot to show you!
First I'll show Pat Sloan's Out Of This World monthly quilt a long. 

Block #3 Where To Learn
 This month's block we had to make 4 blocks! The first block took a little longer, but the other three came together a lot faster. 

The next months block was Block #4 Space Crazy
I absolutely love this block! I wish the constellations could be seen. But their are more blocks to make and I'm sure I'll be using this fabric again! Pat gave the layout for this quilt a long and I started putting the blocks together. I think it's going to be a fun quilt.

Here is Block #11 Green Grass

I think this would have been a lot better if I was using other colors, but this is going to be a red and white quilt so I had to make do.
Block #12 Marigolds

 This block made me think of my dad. He loved marigolds and always had them in the garden. I would tease him and called them stink weeds. I now make sure to have them in my garden. They are very beneficial keeping bad bugs away.

Block #13 Veggie Garden
This was an easy block to make. Pat used a few of her scraps for the light areas. I only did one spot and decided I would rather not do that. You can see the one square I did, but I have a plan to hid that when it's through. I'm excited to see it finished!
Block #14 Garden Center
This is one of my favorite blocks...but their is more!

I haven't made block #15 yet, but soon! Here is Block #16 First Blooms
This is another block I just love! Pat give a bonus layout using 4 of these blocks and I'm thinking they would make a great piece for the table.

Block #17 Perennials and Annuals
This has got to be my favorite block! I love how it came together. I'm starting to put these blocks together too. Pat gave two options for the layout. I'm doing the traditional method. I like the look of sashing and cornerstones and I'm using that red fabric in the half square triangles for the cornerstones. Their's only 3 blocks left so I better get busy!

I do have more to show, but this post is pretty long already! I hope you'll stop by again for a visit. Even better sign up and never miss a post! I'm working on some tips to show you!
Sheila

1 comment:

  1. Block #17 is my favourite too. It's so effective in your fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete