Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Too Long...Part Two

I thought I would give you a little more details of why I was MIA. This past winter was hard on me. I didn't get sick, but I was so tired. Many days it was all I could do to get up and get my son off to school. I finally went to see my doctor and told her about my symptoms and about how tired I was. She had me have blood work done and tested my iron, vitamin D and vitamin B12. I thought for sure it was my iron again, but instead it was the D and B12! Makes sense, every winter since we moved here I've been getting more and more tired! She put me on a high dose of vitamin D2 and an over the counter B12. I've been on the vitamins for 2 weeks now and I'm feeling so much better! So if you're feeling overly tired and you're over 50 talk to your doctor!!!
First I want to show a project I've been wanting to do for quite some time. Now that I have my energy back I was able to get it done...
My bedroom! I love it so much, it makes me happy every time I walk into my room! I have been wanting to hang the quilt shelf for some time. After I put the shelf up I thought framed orphan blocks would be a great filler. I think I'll add a few smaller blocks to fill in some more. The quilt on the bed is Pat Sloan's Solstice quilt pattern that was from 2017 and on the one hanging from the shelf is also from Pat Sloan. It's a recent QAL called In The Summer Time. We just finished it up this past summer, but you can still get her patterns for free (including Solstice) from all her past quilt a longs at her website.

The framed orphan blocks are from Aurifil's Designer Of the Month QAL that Pat Sloan hosts. What can I say, I enjoy her QALs!  They have a new block a month going and though I wasn't going to start another QAL I couldn't help myself!!! I decided to not only do this years blocks, but some of the past blocks. I want to make a king size quilt using several years worth of DOM blocks. Here's what I have done so far...
This block is from 2017 and is called Bright Sun. It's also one of the blocks on my wall, but they are done in batiks. I'm doing these blocks in Boundless Collage from Bluprint. I've amassed quite a collection of the Collage fabric and I just love the colors! Here are this years Aurifil DOM blocks....
 This is January's block called Updated Wedding Ring.
 Here is March's block, Harvest. This is the block that pulled me in!
And here is April's block called Tradition With A Twist. I really like the way all these have turned out, but I really love this one because of the illusion of a circle and of course the blue and yellow! I haven't done February's yet it has a whole lot of tiny pieces!!!! As you can see this quilt is going to be very colorful! 

I'm also working on a baby quilt for my cousin. I'm using a Storm At Sea pattern from Electric Quilt. I upgraded to EQ8 and I am having a blast playing with designs!!!! I haven't taken photos of it yet, but I will and I'll get them posted!

Have you ever shopped at Bear Creek Quilting Co? It's an online quilt shop and let me just say I have been shopping with them for almost as long as I've been quilting! I love that they show you more of the fabric in their bundles and I'm in love with the Aurifil Gem packs! Every month they do the birth stone with 3 Aurifil spools of thread...the big spools! And the price is so reasonable! I've collected them from the start and only missed January. Mainly because I thought I bought it and was too tired to verify! Oh well I'll pick it up next shopping trip since the price is still pretty good for a three pack of thread. Also they are looking for Ambassadors! I'm not sure how much longer as it started the beginning of April. Check them out you'll love them too!

So what have you been working on? Is there another QAL I should be doing???? hahaha
Chat soon!
Sheila

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Vitamin D messed me up, too. We're told to stay out of the sun, but we need the Vitamin D. Love your blocks, quilt, and room.

    ReplyDelete