Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Plus Block #3!

Actually this is better than a chicken dinner! I won a box of Aurifil thread just by participating in Patty Dudek's OMG every month! Check it out here!!! Setting goals and getting a project done every month is wonderful, but to win a prize... well that's icing on the cake!!!! 

I love Aurifil and it's the only thread I use. I do have other thread and in a pinch I'll use them, but I would rather use Aurifil. It's thinner, but still strong and when you do a stitch and fold you get a very accurate seam. At least that's what I find. And all those beautiful colors! I'm  in love!
Also happening at Elm Street Quilts the Hand Pieced QAL has started! If you have never be one to do hand stitching then you may want to try this one! I like learning new skills so I'm doing this one too! The finished quilt is already posted so you know what to expect. There are two different layouts for the quilt to choose from, I think I'll be putting mine on point.
This week I also finished block #3 of Pat Sloan's A Flower Bouquet. I'm enjoying the way these blocks are coming together and I'm really loving the material I'm using.
Here's #3 Planting Guide
Tomorrow she'll be posting Block #4 so you still have plenty of time to start! You can still get past QALs free! So if you are nervous about not knowing the end results you can always do an older QAL. Personally I like the thrill and anticipation of waiting every week for the new blocks release!

I have another flimsy finished, but I'll post that later! Until then, just keep stitchin'!
Sheila


No comments:

Post a Comment