Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Block #2 Bulbs

I thought I would do a quick post just to show Block 2 of Pat Sloan's A Flower Bouquet. I finished a couple days ago, but didn't have time to post it until now! Busy busy busy! So to make this short and sweet here's block 2!
 In Florida there are these flowers they call rain lilies. They bloom when the rains start, then go to seed and blow all over. You can see some yards blooming with these pretty light purple flowers. They are in the Amaryllis family and their genus is Zephyranthes. Though they set seed and grow readily they are actually bulbs. I had a bunch of seeds when I moved to Kentucky, but I've tried planting them recently and apparently they are no longer viable. I'm kinda bummed but I'm going to see if my SIL can bring me some next time she visits. Since being in Kentucky their is so many bulbs! Daffodils are every where come spring! There is even a little patch in my backyard we didn't know about until the first spring here.

 Here is block one and two together. I'm really loving this fabric bundle!
I offer links for your convenience, I don't receive anything from any companies if you purchase through them.
Have a wonderful week! And just keep stitching!
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment