Sunday, January 27, 2019

So Much To Show You!

Let's start with Pat Sloan! Here's the fourth block in A Flower Bouquet Quilt a Long... I was able to get a couple of the little birds in the taupe colored material to make an appearance in the block. The block isn't as bold as my other three, but I think it's just as sweet and once I use the fabrics in other blocks it will pull together. Below is the four blocks together. I'm loving this fabric! Look at that rich red! It's called Ruby Rue and it's now on clearance, only 5 and 10 inch bundles left, but you can still get it in yardage for $6.05 a yard. I'm not affiliated with Blueprint and don't receive any compensation if you purchase, I just wanted to let you know where I got mine from.
A Flower Bouquet Blocks 1-4
Also from Pat Sloan is Oh My Stars. It's not a QAL just a free pattern she offers on her site.
She used two charm packs and a bit more to make hers. I used fat quarters and scraps in blues, greys and blacks in batiks and Kona Cotton in Citrus for the stars. I also had a large black and grey batik piece leftover from little T's quilt and used that for some of the squares. I'll also use it for the binding with Citrus for the flange. I'm thinking I'll do the quilting with stars and swirls. I'm very excited to get started on it! I do still have the Let's Go Camping to quilt and need backing for both, but I plan on getting them going (hopefully done) next month.

 
Next on the list is the 2019 Monthly Color Challenge by Jen. This is the January block in green. Mine is a little darker, but it's batiks so I'm happy! She has gathered a group of quilters to work on the blocks. I'm part of the quilters and my first official block will be March's block, but I'm going to do them every month and I plan on having the quilt done in time to share with the others. Head to her site for the pattern and some tips along with links to the quilters of the month.



 I'm so excited about this>>>
It's from Fat Quarter Shop. I've been dragging my feet about starting one of these subscription boxes, but when the clues suggested the Ruby Rotary cutter how could I resist!!! I've been buying the barn patterns and hope to be making that soon. There was another pattern in the box and they give you enough material to finish the top except for the background. Can you see the pattern...it's spools!!! Speaking of spools the little charm is from the upcoming  Threadology Quilt Along hosted by Fat Quarter shop. Find out more about it here. There's a note pad and a cute needle threader and cutter! It looks like a little hummingbird! I'm glad I purchased the box, I feel like I got my moneys worth and look forward to next month!

Finally, the latest QAL I'm in. It's through Elm Street Quilts and Simple Handmade Everyday and is called Hand Pieced QAL, because it's all hand pieced! I'm not good at hand sewing. Needles apparently get my hands confused with a pin cushion and I get blood on everything! I'm hoping I can get better and not lose so much blood! 
<<<Here is my first block, the 4-patch block. I finished at my son's Academic Tournament yesterday. His school came in first their district and one the Governor's Cup!
This is a weekly quilt along and though it's great for beginners it's open to everyone! They give two different layouts and they have wonderful prizes. Check it out, I have to say I'm very happy with my first block and very little blood was spilled!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you come back again! Better yet sign up to my blog and you won't miss anything I'm into!
Sheila
p.s. I'm not affiliated with any of the links. They are there for your information and I receive nothing when you visit or purchase from these sites. So enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great block - thanks for joining the Hand Pieced QAL link-up!

    ReplyDelete