Saturday, September 29, 2018

End of September Already?!

These days seem to fly by! If it wasn't for Patty at Elm Street Quilts I probably wouldn't have noticed! It's been a fun month of quilt shows, meetings and all kinds of quilty goodness! How I got anything done I'm still trying to figure it out! I think I've been sleepquilting. Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!! 
And now it's time for our OMG moment! Yes I finished my border!!! But I also finished the whole quilt! I'm sewing on the label now, but for the most part it's done and I'm so happy with it! Thank you Patty for the motivation to complete another project.
This is from another of Pat Sloan's QAL's. It's called In The Summer Time and each block has a story. Our summers have been full of Adventures, day trips around our state (at the time this quilt represents it's when we lived in Florida). We would go on what I would lovely refer to as Adventure Wednesdays. The day trips usually would happen on a Wednesday, but at times not. We went to aquariums, museums, parks, beaches, and sometimes go back to explore the area more. This quilt represents our trips we took in the summer of 2011...mostly anyway. I haven't gone through all the blocks with Little T yet, I hope when I do he looks back with fond memories and love the quilt as much as I do. We didn't go on any adventures this past summer and I think he misses it. He made a comment on how we didn't do anything this summer. I feel terrible about it since he's in 10th grade this year! But with hubby's crazy schedule it made it hard to plan things out. But I already have plans for next year!
I hope your September was filled with exciting days and projects getting finished and loved! Now off to see what Octobers OMG project will be!
Sheila

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty it's was a pity to leave it in a box! I love how it's meaningful for you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! This is on my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete