Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Beautiful Weather and More Blocks!

I can't believe how beautiful the past few days have been! It's been going down in the 50's at night, so of course the windows are open! Last night I was serenaded by cows! YES COWS! I could hear them mooing and it sounded like they were right in my back yard, but they weren't. The wind must have been blowing from the east or something!!! We have a farm across the main road from our home and more farms on the other side of the golf course so I'm sure it was from one of those places. I never heard cows in Florida. We lived in Pinellas county and while I know there were horses I have never seen a cow there. The same where I grew up in New Jersey. We were in central New Jersey close to the ocean. I don't remember any farms close by or hearing about any farm land...just the suburbs. So hearing the cows always makes me smile. I would love to live on a farm and raise goats and chickens. Maybe one day... After I convince my husband it's an absolutely awesome idea!!! He's all city boy, born and raised in Tampa FL. oh well there may be hope, you always have to have hope!

Now for the fun part!!!! BLOCKS! I finished another block for In The Summer Time by Pat Sloan. I thought I was only behind a few blocks. Well! I couldn't be more wrong!!!! I just finished block 12 and todays release was block 18! Oh man do I have some work to do! Two more blocks and it's time for the borders and quilting! EEEEK! This has gone so fast! But never fear, the Let's Go Camp QAL is still going, at least for 3 more months! This QAL is also one of Pat's. Plus on the 14th of June she is hosting another Splendid Sampler QAL, but this is with her new book! Even though the book hasn't been released yet you can QAL from 20 patterns from the book...for FREE! I believe by the time you get to the end the book will be released and then they will continue the QAL from the book. Sounds like fun! Sorry I got off track! Here is block #12 Family Reunion
No my family reunions weren't horrible and shark infested! This quilt is mainly for Little T to remember our summers...and me and hubby too! We went to the Mote
Marine Laboratory and Aquarium (I mentioned it in my last post) This is an awesome place! In one part they had the sea turtles like I posted last and in another is the sharks! I have always been interested in sharks, to the point of wanting to study them!!! So this block is for our time spent watching these marvelous predators swimming about!

Photos by Sheila 2011
 
 
 
Here, Little T is watching one of the sharks. He kept coming around so he must really like the attention. Or he's very hungry and we looked appetizing! Whatever the case he was very entertaining to watch.

2011
 
NOW for the Let's Go Camping blocks! These blocks will be assembled on point. I'm very excited about this! I haven't done a quilt on point yet!!! This is a monthly Quilt A Long so I'm right on time with it!! Just haven't kept up with posting them.

Block #3 Animal Crossing
I'm very happy with this one! I've always wanted to do a Bear Paw block!

Block #4 What You Take
Another fun block! I'm so proud of myself...my points are still there!

Block #5 Things You Do
Another block I've been wanting to do! and I still have my points!!!

Block #6 Stirring The Pot
Interesting block and a lot of fun putting together!

Here they are all together on the back of another quilt. This is how they will lay out. As you can see Mittens had to get in there! He was actually laying on the blocks and mushing them up on me! Stinker!!! I have material with eagles and mountains on it that I'm thinking would be a good back ground, but I'll wait to see how things go.

I've been trying to put sewing into my daily routine. I've been doing pretty good about it until today. I do plan on getting some strips cut so that if I have a minute I can at least sew something together, even if it's only 2 inches! And who knows tonight isn't over with yet!!! ;)

So this is more blocks and this is me!
Sheila



 



4 comments:

  1. Aquariums are such interesting places to visit. Glad there was glass between you. Your quilt blocks are lovely, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds lovely where you live. Gosh you have a lot of blocks in the making. Lots of precise piecing there; so very clever! I cannot think of anything better than trying to steal a few moments in one's day to stitch a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why but reading about being serenaded by cows made me smile. Your blocks are lovely. I specially love the photo of your son and the aquarium. Beautiful capture!
    Thanks so much for linking up on Wandering Camera.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are gorgeous! Each so different from the other. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete