Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Long time, no blogging!

It's been awhile since I've posted quilt blocks or talked about life in general! My mom had a bad winter, catching every bug and virus that came her way! She just got over pneumonia and that really took a lot out of her! The end of March meant my little guy turned 15 years old!!!! Geez NOW I feel old! He's taller than me now, though I am short (5'3") I'm hoping he takes after daddy (6'3") but little T thinks he'll be short. You know how teenagers are, not happy unless they are thinking everything is doom and gloom!

As for my quilt blocks... get ready there is a bunch!

We'll start with Pat Sloan's In the Summertime. I'm doing it mostly in Batiks and the solid is Kona Cotton in Champagne;


Block 3 "Reading Books"
I enjoyed this block very much. It reminded me of the Fridays at the library with Little T. He has always loved books, thank goodness he still does! In 7th grade he was reading at an above 12th grade level!  
Block 4 "Meet You At The Drive In"
Remember we are from Florida and sitting outside in the summer heat and humidity wasn't what we called fun. So I did a block of our day at the Mote Aquarium in Sarasota FL. They rescue Turtles and other sea life and protect the sea turtles nesting area. Little T loved going through the safety net for the turtles!
2011
 

Block 5 "Ice Cream Love"
We didn't go get ice cream too much...At least I can't remember it! Little T and I would go to the yogurt self serve place that was near the movie theater after seeing a summer movie. So instead I did another one for the gardens. We would go on hikes too and see all the native flora and fauna. I loved it! Here Little T is checking out the poster to see what we may see on our little hike.
2012


Block 6 "Summer Stars"
I remember our summer nights having the night sky full of dragonflies! I use to love watching them dart around!
Block 7 "Splish Splash"
One of our Adventures was to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. It's more of a hospital for the rescued sea life. Their goal is to return the animals to the sea, but sometimes it isn't possible. Like in the case of Winter. You may have seen the movie, well, we saw Winter! And little T loved him! Notice the soft animal in his arms...it's a Winter stuffy! We went back again so I'm sure I'll do another block of dolphins!
2011
Block 8 "Vacations"
We didn't go on any long vacations. We would do short day trips to the beach, aquariums, museums and parks. This block is of the beaches Clearwater, Casperson, and Sarasota!
Block 9 "Games of Summer"
In 1989 St. Pete Florida got their Major League Baseball team, the Devil Rays! This was before little T was born, but hubby and I had season tickets the first year! Later on when our sweet baby came along he got to go see them too. 
Cheesy Monkey!
2009
 
 
Block 10 "Rain Drops"
Anyone who has spent any time in Florida knows it rains, daily! Then there is the hurricanes and well more rain! The good thing was if it rained during the day (usually the same time every day...4pm) it was only for a short period of time. The bad thing was the humidity that came from it! I feel myself melting just thinking about it!!! But oh how it made those tropical plants grow!

Block 11 "Fresh Fruits and Veggies"
My favorite fresh fruit was the strawberries! They came in around February and then they would have the Strawberry Festival! YUM! Little T loved the oranges that grew in the tree in our back yard! I did too!!! I have a couple small fruit trees (orange, lemon and tangerine) here in KY, but as soon as they start doing good it's time to take them in for the winter. And after being outside in the wonderful summer, they don't do too good inside. I'm looking to get a greenhouse this year! Hopefully that will help my tropical plants that we miss so much. 
 
WELL! That's it for the In The Summer Time Quilt a Long. I need to do three more...oops 4 after tomorrow! Since this was a crazy long post, mostly photo heavy. I think I'll take a break and post the rest of the projects I've done tomorrow...at  least I'll try to post the rest tomorrow!
So this is In The Summer Time,
and this is me!
Sheila
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment