Sunday, January 14, 2018

January????

Wow did the end of the year just disappear or what! We had a crazy month, my mom was in the hospital the week before Christmas, but she's home now and doing very well. I had put my shop on vacation mode for the month and I'm glad I did! As it was I still didn't get the projects I wanted to finish done let alone work on them even a little bit!! But one project I did push myself to complete was a baby quilt for my cousin.
The quilt was made with the block from Aurifils Designer of the Month that Pat Sloan hosts. I really love how it came out! I am always on the look out for blocks that have a 5" square (or around that size) because it is perfect to show off large print fabric, especially the Thomas the Train fabric I found. I thought Amanda Murphy's block was perfect for the baby quilt I needed to work on. So the hunt was on for fabrics that matched the Thomas fabric I had. I knew I needed a variety of fabric to give the blocks some interest and help move the eye around the quilt. This is what I came up with!
I added the sashing and cornerstones and rotated the blocks, but notice how the "tightropes" still line up with one another! I love it!!!
Well I have more work to do...I still have to quilt this puppy and I have Pat Sloan's Grandma's Kitchen to finish up for mom. I also have Bonnie Hunters Mystery quilt On Ringo Lake to finish. I'm actually only on clue 2 so I have a ways to go! I also want to do Pat's Let's Go Camping (though I only went once and that was one time too many!) but the first block is so cool I'm finding it hard to resist!!! I am definitely doing her In The Summer Time sew along which starts the end of this month!! I can't wait!!! I've been pulling fabric and picking up material here and there as I find it. I have some wonderful memories of our day trips with little T when he was younger until just recently. We didn't get to do too much this past summer which was kind of sad. I love exploring the areas touristy places and parks and I hear Kentucky has some amazing waterfalls! So it's definitely on my To Do list!! Oh and I have a Second Chance quilt challenge at our local art center I'm planning. I'm excited to get that done. It will be simple and probably just a tie quilt I probably won't win a ribbon, but I know my little guy will love it! He already said I can't sell it!!! So funny! So that's what I'm up too!!! I hope you join in on some of the fun!!! It's a great way to improve your skills and you get a quilt out of it!!!
Sew until next time... this is me being busy!
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment