Thursday, December 22, 2022

Hi Y'all! And Merry Christmas!!!

 I know it's been way too long! I've been feeling off and overwhelmed, but I'm much better now! :D 

I've been tending the chickens and it sparked my love of drawing...

This is Dorothy she's a Mystic Marans. I'm still working on her, but wanted to share what I have done so far. I use mostly Prismacolor pencils on Cansons paper. I've been trying different types of colored pencils, Faber Castell for one. I use to do pet portraits and absolutely loved it. I plan on starting a youtube channel for those who want to learn about drawing and using colored pencils. Hopefully that will start the beginning of the year.

I haven't given up on quilting in case you are wondering! I just finished up on Pat Sloan's 'Oh My Stars' table runner. Something quick and easy to get me back on track. I'm also trying to finish up on her Hometown Charms QAL. The end of a QAL always has me dragging my feet! 

The table runner was easy to quilt, except my machine was acting up again. But even with the problems, it only took me an hour and half to quilt it. So here it is...

I had an issue with attaching the binding ends together and after 3x's I decided it just didn't matter! Of course the red flange really draws the eye to the misalignment. Even though I still like how it came out and I'm very happy with it. It fits on the coffee table perfect. Here is the back, which I think that side can be used as the top too!

 Here is a close up of the quilting. Notice the holly leaves and snowflakes, I had fun!

I hope you are enjoying the season. We are getting the arctic blast right now as I type! So I better get this uploaded before we lose power!

Merry Christmas all!

Sheila






No comments:

Post a Comment