Thursday, February 7, 2019

My February OMG and so much more!

My goal for this month is to quilt my Oh My Stars quilt. I'm looking forward in playing with some new stitches on this fun quilt. Go to Elm Street Quilts to see all the wonderful projects in the link up!



Here's this months block for the Color Challenge being held by Patterns by Jen  

This months color is PINK! I don't use pink much, but I do love the color!!! Head on over to Jen's blog to get the pattern for this fun block! Here are the bloggers for this month... Check out their blogs for even more inspiration! 


Catherine - Ali and CC 
 
 
 I'm so excited because next month is my month!!! So be sure to check it out!!!

I'm also doing the Farmer's Wife QAL with Gnome Angel. Of course I'm waaaay behind, but that's okay I'm enjoying the process. Funny thing I just noticed...one of the blocks I did is the same as Jen's challenge block!!! 
Here it is it's called Big Dipper. 
 I'm doing these blocks using foundation paper piecing. I figure by the time I get done with this quilt I'll be an expert!!! Hahahaa
 
Here's the other block I did. It's called Basket Weave. 
 I had a couple other blocks done, but I used the wrong colors in the wrong area so I need to redo them. And sometimes they come out reversed like Big Dipper, but it's not as noticeable so I'm going to use it.

I'm also making progress on my Temperature quilt. It's been interesting following the temperatures this winter! Today for example it went up to 71!!! I thought I was back in Florida! But tonight it's going down to 22! That's just crazy! 
Here's my January's temperatures... 
It was interesting trying to get a photograph of this! It's hard to see the colors because of the lighting. I'll take a photo of my colors when I get them all. I'm using Kona Cotton for the temps and for the borders. I purchased a light grey called Quicksilver for the half squares to get an interesting offset of the blocks and to use as a header or title block for each month. I also ordered a darker grey called Overcast. I just thought it was very appropriate! I'm thinking of adding Kona's Color Of The Year either as a border, as a temp, for the backing or a combination of those.

Pat Sloan's Out Of This World QAL comes out once a month and I'm loving this month's block! 
 This one is called 'Space Shows'.
I'm loving the different constellation materials I've found!

Pat's other QAL, A Flower Bouquet, happens every Wednesday. This was actually from last Wednesday and was a double block at 6.5" unfinished each. They are then sewn together, but I'm waiting to see how they are orientated in the quilt before I do that.
These blocks are called 'When to Garden'. Now to print out this weeks block and get busy with it.

And lastly, my last post I put up had the Moda Love block I made on it. After I posted it on Facebook I realized I had one part in wrong! Isn't that always they way it goes, you don't noticed the mistake until you upload it for the world to see! Well I fixed it and now I feel so much better! 
I really like the way
Quilt Jane did hers and I'm happy I did it that way too! I hope I can get it quilted and hung up in time for Valentines day!

I hope your February is going great! Keep stitching and I hope you come by again!
Sheila









 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete