Wednesday, August 23, 2017

More quilting going on!

I've been busy...when am I not! I completed block #8 from Pat Sloan's Grandma's Kitchen Quilt along. It took me a little longer as I was trying to finish up a lap quilt. I started that in the spring and finished the top, but just laid it aside after quilting another lap quilt and little T's quilt...after that monster quilt do you blame me! Well I needed a show n tell for the quilt meeting and I figured I'd just finish it right up, fat chance! I even did a simple quilting on it. Well I guess the design could have been bigger! The design is actually from Angela Walters (love her quilting philosophy). If you are wanting to learn Free Motion Quilting I strongly recommend her videos. She is wonderful and makes it fun! I can't get enough of her videos!!! We also had a sew day with my quilting guild. Only about 6 showed up, but it was still fun. I worked on three civil war blocks for a quilt the guild is putting together. It will be raffled off at the Perryville Civil War Reenactment that goes on in October. So here is the lap quilt...

I believe it's called Jelly Roll Race and here is Grandma's Kitchen block #8...
 
 
and here are the civil war blocks...
 

 
I'm pretty happy with how everything came out. I'm getting better with every new project and for being a quilter for less than a year, that's not bad!

So this is me quilting!
Sheila

1 comment: