Thursday, March 27, 2014

Where does the time go?

I ask myself that a lot lately. I look at the last post of this blog (in October!), the fact that it's already March, my little guy will be 11 on Friday....so where does the time go??? I try to make the most of the time I spend with my little guy, he's growing up so fast! The good thing is I work from home so I'm able to be there for him. We have learned to live on one income (for the most part) and though some days it gets hard it is worth it and in the end it all works out.

So back to my little T...His birthday is Friday!! I can't believe it! I still remember holding him as a baby. He was so tiny due to being 5 weeks early. But it didn't take him long to not only catch up, but go beyond! He's tall, but around here a lot of the kids are tall...wonder what they put in the water!!! Anyway, for his birthday I made him a plushie (stuffed animal) from his favorite game, MineCraft. For those that don't know what MineCraft is, it's a video game that despite it's pixel-ly graphics it's one of the hottest games out there. Little T is fixated on Herobrine. A character that isn't really part of the game...more like a ghost story that some players have claimed to come across while playing. Little T says he thinks he saw him and from that comes his obsession....And this plushie....

I'm pretty happy with the way he came out. It was hard to keep the boxy-ness after stuffing. And though he was time consuming it went along with out too many problems. I'll credit my new sewing machine with that!!! I added magnets to his hands and to his pick ax so that he can hold items. I plan on making a sword, of course it will be a diamond sword! And I have enough fabric to make Steve, a Zombie, Creeper, and a Slime. Looks like I'll be busy! But for my baby it's all worth it!








No comments:

Post a Comment