Sunday, November 22, 2020

Crisp Fall Days... A Delayed Post

 First I must mention that I started this posts the end of October! I thought I posted it and was side tracked by my mom becoming ill and in the hospital.

 Are you having cool days in your area? If you are, are you enjoying it? My windows are open and I find myself walking around the veggie garden over and over. I picked the majority of tomatoes even though they were still green. I'm having a time with snails this year and I don't want them or the cold get them before I do! Inside I have several projects going and I thought I'd share some with you!

First, I started the Stitch Pink QAL. I try to resist, but I do love a QAL and I have this beautiful fabric I've been holding onto, Tickled Pink. I love the dusty rose and raspberry colors in this line. Even the browns have a tint of rose in them. I bought it when it was discounted and now I wish i could have bought more...I'm thinking of the borders. But it'll come together. Here are some blocks that I've done so far...






Second is my design. I'm making it for our friends son who just graduated with a degree in Marine Biology. I've always been interested in marine life and have collected sea creature fabric for awhile. I wanted something that would showcase the fabric and this design does that. It will be great for your favorite fabrics with large prints. Here are a few blocks I have done so far...



I have borders to add to some and I have about 5 more blocks to do then I can start putting them all together. I'm very excited about how this is coming out! I can't wait to show you and will be writing up a pattern for it!

 Of course I had to quilt a long with Pat Sloan's latest QAL, Cozy Things! She just released block #5 this past Wednesday.  Her blocks are still available so you still have time to join in!

I'm using a fat quarter bundle I purchased at Fat Quarter Shop when it was on their flash sale...I love a bargain! It's Deer Christmas by Moda and I added Cat-I-Tude Christmas by Benartex (a pink snowflake with lots of movement), Fall Into Winter by Michael Miller (the pretty green center in the second block) and the background is a white on white snowflake that I had on hand, no id on the edge sorry. I wish it did I would have bought more if it's still available!

 

Another QAL I'm working on is Edyta Sitar's Alaska Quilt. You need the pattern, which I had for awhile. I figured I would get more done if I played along. I wish she posted every other week. I find many of the blocks are very involved and take me longer than I like, but I love her quilts and I'm determined to finish one of them!

 


I'm also making the Jelly Snowflake with Pat Sloan. I added triangles to the center square of the star block. I believe they call it a snowball block. I love it but it took longer to complete. Which made me fall behind and now it's over. I also got stalled on the 4th block since I wanted to change that one too along with adding a center block. I hope to get it done for the winter, we shall see!


Can you believe this Thursday is Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a wonderful day of fun, food and family! See ya later,

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment