Sunday, September 27, 2020

Foster Fail #2 Introducing Duke!

I've been working on my laptop the last few days loading programs (EQ8 and Photoshop) and photos from my phone. It's smaller than my old laptop but I'm liking it a lot better. It also can turn into a tablet. I'm not sure why I would want it as a tablet, but I guess I'll figure that out later. Anyway I loaded the photos from my phone and now I can share our latest foster dog Hondo. We are planning on keeping him and waiting for word back about the adoption. We really don't think Hondo fits for him and have started calling him Duke. Duke is an Akbash. They are from Turkey and are similar to Great Pyrenees in many ways. They tend to be taller and leaner than Great Pyrenees and have shorter hair. But both are guardian dogs that are independent and have a tendency to bark a lot. So here's Duke!

<---This is Duke on his way home with us on July 30, the day before hubby and my 27th Anniversary. He was looking rough and was so underweight! He weighed in at 88.5 lbs and he should be 115 at least! ^ The photo above was the first couple of days. He pretty much stayed near me so he could keep an eye on me. He bonded with me on the car ride home, but was afraid of everyone else. He wasn't socialized and everything frightened him. He would get scared and unable to move so I would go to him and say "walk with me" and he would follow. It took him 2 1/2 weeks to get use to hubby and he's still having a hard time taking to Timmy. 

 

It was 8-9-20 when he first started to play. Gracie was trying to get him to play with her since day one. He would watch her play with toys and finally he picked up the toy and made it squeak. He liked it so much he kept squeaking it. Pretty soon most of the toys were around our dining room table since that was his safe place to go. He learned a lot from just watching Gracie. He watches Timmy and Gracie interact and we're hoping that will help him come out of his shell and trust Timmy.

As you can see Duke is the larger dog. Also Gracie who is a Great Pyrenees has the longer hair.

 

 

 

Poor Duke doesn't like thunderstorms and will squeeze between my chair and the ottoman. Especially when I'm sitting there. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gracie and Duke, they are so sweet together!

  

 

 





Duke likes going wherever I go, but usually gets car sick, poor puppy.


 

Gracie and Duke, partners in crime.
 

 

 

 

 

 I think he looks stunning!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for stopping by and letting me tell you about Duke!

Sheila

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are the sweetest. Thank you Nancy for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  2. Duke looks like a Duke!! and how sweet - that he is coming out of his shell - yet so bonded to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila! I'm here for the October block but just HAD to read about Duke. OMG! He and Gracie are just adorable together. That picture of them looking out the front door is so precious! I'm so glad I got to read about him and them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roseanne! They are a big part of my day, making me smile everyday.

      Delete