Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Quilt A Longs!!! I love them!!!

Well! I have all kinds of Quilt A Longs lining up to keep me busy and using up (or giving me reason to buy more) fabric. I wasn't sure if I was going to do the Let's Go Camping that Pat Sloan started the beginning of the month, but after seeing the first block I just couldn't resist! You see I went camping one time...just once. In Florida. In the summer. When it's HOT and the mosquitoes were very prolific! Did you know I can attract every mosquito in a 50 mile radius! At least that's what it seems to me. So, if I ever go camping again it will be in a camper!!! I love being outside, I just don't care to be an insects main course!!! But as I was saying I fell in love with this block. It reminded me of a sunset on a lake and that's how I did mine. I changed up the colors for the "sun" to reds and orange, but will be using the colors she suggested in other blocks. I'll also add these colors somewhere along the journey on our camping expedition. I also don't have any camping themed fabric so I used batiks with more images clearly visible. So here it is...
I really like how it came out. My sunset on the lake! So if y'all would like to enter head on over to her site...You can use the link above or use the link that's connected to Pat Sloan and you can see what other QALs she's doing or has completed. Yes you can get her past quilt a longs!!!!
Well I have a bunch to do...
This is my camp site and This is
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment