Thursday, November 30, 2017

More blocks and New QAL!

I thought I posted the most recent blocks I finished for Pat Sloan's Grandma's Kitchen, but I must of just thought about writing the post! Did you ever do that...think about doing something and after awhile THOUGHT you did it!!!! I've been doing it more often than I'd care to admit!!! So with out much further ado here are the blocks!
First block # 18 The Fridge. I probably should have used a solid color in the corners because just like my fridge it's sure is busy!!!! 
 This is block #19 Mending Basket. I'm very happy with how this one came out! I think the points lined up pretty good!
 Here is block #20 Lovely Dishes. I thought about making this one bigger and putting it in the center of the quilt, but I'm worried I won't have it finished in time and I'm not sure how long it would take to make the adjustments...maybe I'll make another bigger when I have a free moment.
 
I was caught up when I finished #20 on Sunday the 19, but now I have 2 blocks to do... It's ok! I'm not too far behind! At least that's what I keep telling myself! I joined another quilt a long. It's with Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. This years Mystery Quilt A Long is called On Ringo Lake. I love how she suggests colors using paint chips!!! Computers are notorious for showing the wrong color! Here is the majority of my material. I just love how these colors look together!
  
Tonight I complete Part 1 and I am amazed how these little beauties came out! She gave tips and tricks on how to shave some time off your cutting and still have the blocks line up beautifully. Plus I'm getting better at my 1/4" seam allowance. Well with all the sewing and quilt a longs I'm doing I better be getting better! So here's my finished Part 1s...
 Aren't they cute! There is so many of them there! Shhh it's a mystery! ;)
Happy Quilting all! And I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! We sure did! Lots of eating and family time, you gotta love that!
These are my blocks and this is me,
Sheila!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment